Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Post Ever!

So, with a little hesitation I have decided to begin a blog. As a private person I am not usually one to share my daily happenings with any beside those closest to me but since I don't think it too likely that this will get beyond that group of select few I am not too worried about it. Anyone who plans to judge me can just plan on not reading. ;)

Can I begin by saying that this is officially the LONGEST week of the year thus far? Possibly, this is magnified by the fact that I am halfway through week two of the Daniel Fast and my body is still screaming for what it wants but can't have. What does it want? Cheese of course, and chocolate, and coffee, and meat, for Pete's sake, is that too much to ask? Yes, yes it is....you are fasting, dang it...At least this time around I haven't been a raging de-tox bear. My husband appreciates that. 

To get to work this morning I had to dodge a trash truck, an Asian man going the wrong way (read directly at my vehicle) on his bike and a parking lot cutter. You know those people. They go tearing through the parking lot, cutting across the shortest way, frightening the rule followers patiently using the arrows. Dedication people. Then, when I arrived, I scratched my nose to find dried snot (sorry TMI) and I was very grateful that I had sent e-mails rather than walking to my co-workers desk to make my comments. I hope that I am not the only person to experience this. I also woke up to find my face to be a massive dry spot. Oh, winter...

On a more serious note: last night I had some time to truly reflect. Confession time: I skipped church and planned to watch "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" online. It kept stopping though and after the third time I realized that the Spirit was telling me to just spend some time with Him. So, giving in I put on some worship music and began to journal. Words were flowing. It was healing. Possibly I will go more into all of that at another time. For now, I want to end with this challenge that was spoken: "Be bold and courageous my daughter. Be bold and courageous!"

I believe those words are for all of us daughters of the King.But,what is God speaking to you?  Don't forget to take the time to just listen. Through quiet, through worship, through writing, through taking a walk, whatever you may choose. Just, take time. He will speak. 

2 comments: