Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Link Up- A Letter to Your 10 Year Old Self

Hello friends, I am linking up with Dipped in Folly to write a letter to my 10 year old self. I hardly remember being 10 and I am pretty sure it is for a reason. Anyway, here goes!

Dear 10 year old Self,

There are a few things you should know:

1. Don't cut your hair off, seriously, it will get huge and frizzy
2. Two words: Hair. Product.Also, don't brush your curly hair when you get out of the shower, brush it before and let it curl when wet
3. High School won't be what you think it will be so try to enjoy being 10
4. I hate to crush your dreams but you won't find Narnia in your closet, you need to let it go...

I know you are eager to please and define yourself based on the opinions of others. Don't. You are unique and worthy of love simply because of how God made you. Don't compare yourself to your sister or your friends. You just be you. Promise. Don't worry so much. Don't be ashamed to laugh loudly. Finally, you WILL grow up and marry the man of your dreams, God has that covered.

Sincerely,
Your 27 year old self

2 comments:

  1. High school (and jr. high) were SO NOT what I thought they were going to be. I thought it would be like Baby-sitters Club. Wrong. Should have included that tidbit in my letter.
    I had the opposite childhood hair problem - stringy, not frizzy.

    ReplyDelete