Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Guest Post! Cows and Chicken: A Cautionary Tale

Please enjoy this fabulous guest post from Danielle Pemberton!


During the Christmas season Aaron (her fiancĂ©) and I got really excited about the peppermint milkshakes at Chick-fil-A….I mean, REALLY excited. Unfortunately we only got to enjoy one so we thought it would be a good idea in February to see if they maybe still had them around. We knew it was a long shot, but we had to try. The last time we were there they had the cow roaming around and saying hello to kids (well, not literally of course, because the cow can’t talk) and bothering adults. We thought it was a special thing, but it was there again when we went on our desperate quest for a peppermint shake.

When we first arrived the cow sat at our booth and that was awkward because, as previously stated, the cow can’t actually say anything and you can only do a halfhearted laugh for so long. Then it gave Aaron a weird hug and finally left the table. We thought that would be the end of it. We were not that lucky. We had been enjoying our time and stayed talking after we had finished our food, but just as we were wrapping up the cow came out again. I saw it head behind me and didn't really monitor where it went. Then, just as I was taking a last sip of my coke it put its furry hands over my eyes….and left them there….for a long time….
As most people know, I don't like to be touched by strangers. So I really didn't like being touched by furry hands that have been who knows where. Also, I was surprised by the action so it made me instantly annoyed. Aaron knows both of those things so as the cow continued to touch my face he got more and more angry. Finally, he stood up, ready to punch the cow if necessary. The cow got the hint as Aaron headed his direction. He still decided to give Aaron an awkward hug before walking away, not cool cow, not cool.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment